As expected, the Android 4.2.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 has been leaked. This update, however, is only meant for the Wi-Fi version which is codenamed N5110. This firmware will erase everything, so make sure to backup anything that is important. Here are the flashing instructions.
* Download the file from here and unzip it
* Open Odin 3.07 (already included in the firmware package)
* Restart phone in download mode
(Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
* Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
* Add CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar to CODE
* Add CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship .tar to CSC
* Add kona_wifi.pit to PIT
* Make sure re-partition is ticked
* Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
* If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
* Boot into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
* Choose to wipe/factory reset.
* Then choose reboot
I have installed it on my galaxy note 8.0 and it works flawlessly. One grip though – Samsung has not enabled multi user functionality. On the bright side, the battery life is better; the bar is semi transparent; the camera app is same like Galaxy S4 and the TouchWiz UI is faster and more fluid than ever.