Lineage OS 15.1 is available for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 which in other words is Android 8.1. The ROM is in alpha stage though but all main functions are working. Being an alpha ROM, there will be bugs.
How to install Android 8 for Galaxy Note 1 N7000:
1. Copy Rom + Google Apps to your sdcard. If you do not have TWRP installed, you need to get it installed first before installing any custom ROM including this one. flash PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT6-XSA-5.06.1.tar.md5 to get cwm recovery by using odin
2. Boot into recovery
3. Factory Reset + Format the /system partition
4. Flash the Rom and Gapps.
If you want root, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings-System-About phone and tip 7 times on Build number to enable the Developer options
2. Go to Settings-Developer options-Root access and set it to Apps and ADB
List of bugs:
* If you get asked to instal/fix root/supersu in the recovery select no!
* Some glitches on screen rotation and in screenshots
* Whatsapp videocalls broken
* Usb dialog not working. you can enable mtp mode in the developer settings
* Video playback mostly broken (camera recordings/playback is working)
* With gapps installed there are many fc in the first start wizard. skip every setup part and reboot the device after you see the homescreen.
setup your wifi and google account now.
* Adoptable storage is not working (don’t format your sdcard as internal!)
* Because of the rom size only pico gapps will work